I'm thankful tonight. Yesterday was full of blessings as the Lord is encouraging us these days. José was finishing homework for an online class (so we don't have to pay for the class) so I did youth group (MIDDLE SCHOOLERS) and it was a great time. I can't pretend to have done it on my own, José helped me prepare the lesson, but God is really working in our kids lives and it is exciting to see the way they absorb the teachings.
Before that, we went to a celebration of life (memorial service) for a missionary to Nicaragua, also was wife to my mentor last year at ACA. It was amazing to see how her life touched so many for the kingdom and how it really was a celebration. It was also a HUGE moment for me to have closure with some of my students I was close to and to see where they are these days and how they're doing. One of my students told me she's going to be a missionary, wants to learn Spanish in Costa Rica "where I did" and major in education. What an encouragment.
And so we continue to pray as the Lord is leading us in a new direction. Yes, that direction is going to be really hard, away from a good job, family and friends and a church family, but God is preparing the way for us as we follow Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment