Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow Season




We had the great blessing of having Rosita, José's mom, with us these last two weeks. One thing she was really hoping to see was SNOW, and LOTS of it! While we kept the heat cranked up to 75, we got all kinds of snow, little tiny ice balls, mini flakes, huge fluffy flakes, wet, dry and everything in between.
José and Rosita got to build their first snowman (José has seen snow before but not in this quantity and has been getting used to leaving with 15-20 minutes to spare so he can shovel out the driveway, sidewalk, and scrape off the car!) Since it's going to be cold, I'd rather see snow! I'm realizing that it's not smart to "run" to the mailbox, winter coat, scarf, gloves, and then flip-flops and socks. The snow is cold and deep. No quick sprints to the car either, my new wardrobe is evolving: 2 pair of boots just for being outside, as many sweaters as I can find, a new total of 5 winter coats for different occasions..........

No comments: