Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

What it's all about

So my thoughts this Christmas have been perhaps shocking to some, but there's something in the making. I just keep thinking about why all the stress, the rush, the spending money on things friends and relatives may not even like or want? How can I celebrate in a way that is worthy of the coming of our King, Jesus?

The thoughts will continue forming, and perhaps spill over into this blog from time to time, but for now, this video (below) really says some of what is going on in our heads and hearts this Christmas.







Please don't comment on how good or impacting this video is, but please consider what you will do. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Thanks for the Kohl's tip! You suggested it for the long sleeved shirt, and someone else suggested it for the jammies -so I will be headed there for sure!!

I liked this post. Our Church is doing Advent Conspiracy again this year, focusing on giving gifts of time to our friends and family, and sending our money to build wells in Africa. We spend SO much on gifts just out of obligation. As we get ready to celebrate the twins' first Christmas, David and I are wanting to start establishing traditions where we make sure they know what presents and trees and stockings are fine...but it's about Jesus' birthday!!!!