Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

From where I'm sitting

Many of you have heard by now.  We're going to Berlin, Germany in January 2012!  And we are so excited.  Actually there are tons of emotions that have accompanied this whole process that I'm not even sure where to begin.

As I soak up some sun and surf today and over the weekend at Beulah Beach, the peacefulness and greatness of the crashing waves on the breaker walls and shores have allowed me to begin to slow down and process a little of what has happened in the last 7 months.

I was looking last night for sea glass along the beach.  I love sea glass, and I love the water, and I have to say that Lake Erie is one of the best places to find TONS of sea glass.  I was struck with a thought.  This may be the last time I stand on the shore of Lake Erie.  Most likely the next time I find myself at a beach it will be the Baltic shores.

There was this great urge to soak it all in.  To capture it perfectly in my mind's photographic lens.  And savor the moment.

I happened to look up at that moment and see the great orange sun dipping over the horizon.  I had been scouring the pebbles at my feet looking for shiny bits of tumbled glass.  How many times do we, do I, get so caught up in the details of what's happening that we lose sight of the bigger thing?

So I want this weekend to be a time of focusing on the bigger thing.   Not on all the details of packing, purchasing, paperwork and people.  Not at this moment.  Just focusing on the miracles that God has done in José's and my lives since this past January.  And focusing on the impossible vastness of the task He has ahead of us.  And realizing that it was His plan all along, that we would be utterly and completely unable to do this thing on our own.  Realizing that it will only be accomplished in Him.  Und das ist gut!



So pull up a chair beside me, and enjoy the view from here.  (Part 2 coming soon....)



Photobucket

2 comments:

k.mart said...

Congratulations... Germany!! How exciting. May God richly bless this new journey!

Julie Bagamary said...

Well said my dear.