Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thoughts on worship as a lifestyle--my journey

We've been talking a lot about worship at church lately. And in reading through "Satisfy My Thirsty Soul" by Linda Dillow, I've also been implementing a personal time of singing songs to the Lord during my devotional times. I'm learning that in all of the contexts in which I have found myself, with very different and distinct worship styles and songs, that while I do have my preferences, I have enjoyed learning to worship in new ways. I have found that worship is more of a heart attitude, offering up to the Lord what we are and focusing on Him regardless of our feelings or circumstances. And as you have probably experienced, as we really enter in to offering up our worship to Him, our feelings and circumstances, while they matter, become background as our Lord Jesus Christ becomes the focus and forefront priority once more. I have also been challenged to worship God with my life in every task and not just be mindful of worshipping Him during the songs we sing on Sunday mornings. And as it would turn out, the more I try to focus on Him and worship Him, the more consumed with worshipping Him I become. It's an amazing adventure that no matter where we are at in life we can still move forward towards Him even more.
Really, it comes down to this. We are all worshipping something or someone. It's where we spend our thoughts, time, money, and energies. I want to be absolutely undivided in my heart, wholly God's, which means worshipping Him in every area of life. How about you?

1 comment:

Lynne Almasy said...

My favorite is blasting worship music while cleaning! You can sing at the top of your lungs just for HIM!