Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Here we go......

Still tons of things flying around in my head.  Thankfully most everything is ready to go.

So, here are some of the things I'm thinking about:

What will it be like to not be able to speak the language?  We've only ever been to places where we have been able to communicate and are somewhat familiar with the culture and have even served as the interpreters to facilitate communication.  None of those things will be true in this case. 

I'm excited to get the other side of the perspective, the "taking in everything" side of things.  See, I love cultures, I'm intrigued with languages, and I really enjoy traveling (packing, flying, all of it).

I'm thankful that we won't be alone.  God will be with us.  Many others (YOU) who are faithfully interceding for us will be joining us on this adventure.

Mostly, I'm overwhelmed with a sense of peace.  I've had this song we were singing last night in choir running through my head all day.   And I am amazed.  God has called us.  He has invited us first to a relationship with Him.  He has called us to serve Him wherever He leads.  And as we have followed Him, it has been absolutely clear that, for us, that will be internationally.  So here we go......

God, speak to us clearly. We trust in You.  We are desperately dependent on You. 

3 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Excited with and for you. Praying! I love you.

Jennifer Suhay said...

I am praying for you guys. That God blesses your through this trip as you bless others. I also pray that He opes your eyes if this is where you are to serve. Know that you are missed.
- Jenny

The Greenfields said...

seems like some exciting things are happening in your lives, though i don't know everything going on i am happy that you feel you have reached a season of "spring", enjoying renewed hope and excitement.