Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

BIG things

"Things which matter the most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German philosopher
It seems that all of my days lately begin with prioritizing what to do and in what order.  This quote (which I read in the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow) got me thinking.  My prayer these days is that the BIG thing be the BIG thing and that everything else be small.  That God be my priority, and that everything else be details.  That's easy to say, but hard to live out, especially when there is a house to sort, pack up, and millions of details that come up daily.  I have to say, I'm learning to choose to not be anxious, to have as constant of a conversation that my easily distracted mind can have with Jesus.  And the moments when it happens-- those are the best!  



Photobucket

No comments: