Well, in these last few days, José & I have been able to take advantage of the pool in our "backyard" (our landlords live behind us and are very generous people who find us interesting). We've eaten hamburgers and hot dogs 4 times this week, and we will have a lamb roast tomorrow after church. We've gotten to know probably 100 people this week in various small groups, we've learned what a potato launcher is, how to perfect the art of smore making, and most recently played "corn toss" and bocce ball.
In addition, we've been "playing around" with the furniture arrangements in our cute little house. And as you may notice, we've been playing around with some new ideas for our blog.
We figure that life is more fun if you laugh, so why not help people remember us better by laughing with us. So, you will notice the new addition, Chinchilla Life, which should (if it works) feature a new chinchilla picture daily for your viewing pleasure. This will remind you of us, to pray for us, and continue on this journey with us. You can also see what kind of weather we're enjoying at the moment, and keep up with the blogs we enjoy reading.
So, stop by, enjoy the page, and have a little laugh.
Also, if anyone happens to know how to make a spanish version of this same website, without changing the url or having both languages on the same page, we'd love the information. We're trying to make it easy for all of our readers. Thanks!
6 comments:
Hi Chinchillas! So glad that you are doing well. We have been following you blog for a couple of months now (through your trips this summer) and just wanted to say "Hi". You can catch up with us at www.thegieses.blogspot.com. Love and Blessings to you both! Sean, Christal, and Cooper Giese
Hola' Jose y Melanie, te quiero el photo de chinchila pero donde esta Sophia? :( Gratious para mi blog en su blog. Se queiro muchos.
Hey Melanie! i'm glad you two are so close. small word, huh. my parents are here until September 2nd, so not much longer. I move into IWU dorms this friday. EEEK! I'm not sure of who the Lopez's are. Would my parents know them? I dont think they know of any wedding. Also, Dad said he tried to comment on your blog and couldnt without signing up. :( i think you could change that in your settings if you wanted. :) I look forward to keeping up with you on blogger! (cute background by the way)
Hey Melanie!
You and Jose's blog is so cute. I love the chinchilla. I can't believe you guys are in Ohio! I will be sure to keep you guys in my prayers.
Thanks for the tips Mel. I will def. do that. I started "working ahead" today. So far so good. Chem class is going to be SO HARD though. *sigh*
So far so good. I'm working hard to get ahead and stay that way and, as you suggested, have compacted all my syllabi's (sp?) into one calendar.
You are so sweet, Mel. I like all the typical "teenage" things i suppose... Chocolaty, salty, unhealthy things. lol
as far as prayer requests go, pray that God would bring me good, solid, deep friendships. I feel like i am really lacking that right now and it feels kinda lonely. Pray that i would have the courage to be bold too. Thanks so much, Melanie. You have been such an encouragement to me. <3
Post a Comment