
For years now, I have dreamed of going to Spain. Back when I was in college, in fact, I was set and actually appointed to be an apprentice in Spain for 2 years, but God had other plans. See, looking back, all the pieces had to be put in order for the dream to be even better than I could have imagined. Upon graduation, I spent a good 7 months wrestling with where to go and ended up seeing God's leading to Paraguay where I lived and served for two years. After a brief return to the US, I traveled to Costa Rica for a year (well 9 months) of language school to perfect my Spanish. During that time I met my beloved husband, a Guatemalan who was studying to get his masters degree in a Costa Rican seminary. I met him at church and also at the seminary where I took a class as well. Our friendship turned to love and we got engaged. Then we began planning and praying about what to do for our future, where to go. On our ten year plan (insert a HUGE laugh), we projected ourselves returning to a Spanish speaking country to serve Spanish speakers (which is still the leading the Lord has given us), but we were thinking Latin America or possibly Spain, but leaning towards Latin America. Just when we let the dream go, released it and honestly let it almost go into the "forgotten" category, we are presented with the prospect of doing a short-term trip with our church to Spain. More than I can explain in a blog, this is the culmination of many dreams, many prayers answered, and great hope for the future. Does this mean we'll end up in Spain? I don't know actually. What I do know is that it is a door the Lord has opened at this time in our lives and we are going to explore it, excited to see how He leads us. Besides, after almost 300 cloudy days in North-East Ohio, it will be nice to be in a place known for 300 days of sunshine a year.
I guess it seems that just when we surrender, give up, or just let it go, that's when hope steps in. It doesn't make things any easier, but we are encouraged by hope. And by knowing that God is always in control and working even when we can't see it or feel it.
So, you can be praying for us as the trip takes place in July. We're just beginning the process and there is a lot to do between now and then, but we are encouraged. Hopeful.
Thanks for reading!
4 comments:
exciting!!
Great! How short?
Wow, so cool! I am so excited for what the Lord has in store in your lives! I'll be praying for you!
Mel- What timing for me to read this. I so wish I had stayed in touch with you over the years. I forget how we must have talked about dreams and plans... and now to see God growing those dreams. God is still doing so much in me... I have no idea where He is going to take me, but it's exciting! It's so encouraging to see your journey!
Post a Comment