Why beading? Well I needed something I could pour money into, ahem, I mean a hobby. And beading is something that I can do just about anywhere in the world. It's a great creative outlet, something I can do with my hands. It's something that I can do with others, a very relational and instant gratification kind of project. And just about every woman I know likes jewelry, including me! And I figure why spend money on something I can make for less or make with nicer materials. It's fun, and I have different beads from a few countries now that are part of my memories and now jewelry.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
My latest projects
I've been preparing this week (and the last few weeks actually) for the craft portion of the Mom's/Women's Bible Study during VBS next week. While sorting beads, finding pictures of examples and inspiration as well as sorting through my beads and latest creations, I was inspired. Here are three of my latest pieces: (I usually make them in sets of : necklace, bracelet and earrings so I can coordinate or mix and match according to my outfits.)
(L to R): Turquoise and tiger eye semi-precious stone beads with a hand painted ceramic center bead and silver spacer beads. The necklace in the center is make of grey semi-precious stone round beads with black glass beads and silver spacers with a focal bead made of black jasper and painted jasper (Pretty amazing how the painted jasper is a type of semi-precious stone and naturally designed). And the far right is all jasper and silver, the rectangle jasper is African jasper from a little bead shop in Black Mountain, North Carolina.
Why beading? Well I needed something I could pour money into, ahem, I mean a hobby. And beading is something that I can do just about anywhere in the world. It's a great creative outlet, something I can do with my hands. It's something that I can do with others, a very relational and instant gratification kind of project. And just about every woman I know likes jewelry, including me! And I figure why spend money on something I can make for less or make with nicer materials. It's fun, and I have different beads from a few countries now that are part of my memories and now jewelry.
Why beading? Well I needed something I could pour money into, ahem, I mean a hobby. And beading is something that I can do just about anywhere in the world. It's a great creative outlet, something I can do with my hands. It's something that I can do with others, a very relational and instant gratification kind of project. And just about every woman I know likes jewelry, including me! And I figure why spend money on something I can make for less or make with nicer materials. It's fun, and I have different beads from a few countries now that are part of my memories and now jewelry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!
Those are beautiful! Great work!
Those are AWESOME! Reminds me of the jewelry making we did in Costa Rica.
Post a Comment