Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The name

Well, as you know, I've been contemplating putting my jewelry on Etsy and have finally decided to take the plunge. It's a little daunting, the uncertainty of many details still to be hammered down (pun intended), but I feel it's a good opportunity to share my talent and passion. The name I have decided upon is: Something Beautiful . You can find my Etsy under: MelChinchillaDesigns .

About the name. I was reading and reflecting today on how the Lord often takes the ashes of our lives and transforms them into something of beauty. He has done that over and over in my life, and recently in a powerful way. I was reminded that He takes us through hard things, through things that agonize our souls in order that He may be beauty in our lives. Often the beauty He brings is something new made out of something old in our lives, but created and crafted in such a way that it is redeemed, healed, and amazingly breathtaking. Something He alone can do. Yes, I suppose I am speaking in parables, riddles, and bursts of thought, but I don't know that I have the words to explain it as deeply as I know it in my heart.

What will it look like? Well, Something Beautiful Studio is my outlet for creativity. It will be as unique as the one who wears the jewelry creations. I am currently hoping to focus mainly on sterling silver hand-stamped jewelry and still offer a few beaded creations. The diversity of stamping is that I can virtually create any number of pieces using phrases, words, names, dates, or portions of Scriptures which will be wearable art.

It's a big leap that is characteristic of this time in my life, and I'm excited to venture out. Feel free to give feedback. I am looking forward to what this new venture becomes.

So, it will take a while still to get things made and uploaded, but it's a challenge I'm looking forward to! (Check out previous blogs for ideas of what is to come!)

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Go Melanie! I have alot of friends who do quite well on Etsy. Where did you vacation?

Chinchilla Family said...

We went to Asheville, NC. I hope to get pictures and a blog on it in the next few days. I'm also hoping Etsy is a good venue for me. I really like the flexibility it will give me!

k.mart said...

I l--o--v--e Etsy; such an inspiring group of talented people. You will fit right in!

Blessings on your new adventure... maybe we could host a giveaway or something for you in the months to come? Just an idea, and certainly no pressure... we'd love to support you any way we can!

Chinchilla Family said...

K- That sounds great. I'm trying to get a few things together to put on Etsy to get started and then I'll let you know.

Lynne- Thanks for the encouragement!

kristyn said...

I am so excited to see what God has in store for you with your new little arts and crafts business. You are so talented. Cant wait to see more!

kc

PS~ yes, my address is the same. :)

martin & joanna said...

Hey Mel, just following your blog/news, and happy to hear about your Etsy beginnings. Just today we watched the hooked on phonics dvd with Emily. . . the one with the itsy bitsy spider song. Well, I haven't perfected or completed it, but I'm thinking of dedicating a version of that song to you, "The Etsy Bitsy Beader went on the internet. . . along came all the shoppers and bought what they could get. . . up went the income and blessings far and wide. . . and the etsy bitsy beader said Gracias to her God." You know, it could stand some editing, but that's my first draft. :) Hola to the Silkers and Jose! ~ joanna