Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Drumroll please......

So, finally, as promised, pictures of my latest creations IN SILVER. It started yesterday actually when my husband, looking at yet more practice copper washers I was heartily pounding away on, said, "Copper makes your neck green." So, I had to look and yes, my neck was sporting a green line. So, I'd have to say I'm a purist. Silver and white gold for me. That was actually my goal all along(not to have a green neck, but to do silver stamping). It just took a little while to work up the courage. I mean a mess up on copper is only a few pennies down the drain (when you buy washers at your local hardware store). Silver on the other hand is increasing in value and I didn't want to risk messing up. But I did. I risked it. And I'm very pleased with the results. I still like the look of copper, but mixed with silver and definitely a silver chain!


Now, I'm wondering if I should do Etsy or just take orders from people I know and do them this way for a while. (If you're interested and would seriously consider purchasing pendants or a necklace, please let me know, leave a message. I'd love to hear your thoughts.) And one more thing. What should I call this new venture of mine? I'm going to do a surprise give away to my favorite inspiration for a name. Here are the pictures: (We had to do them inside tonight, so enjoy the flowers on our dining room table also!)



This will be a gift for someone special. :) Got the idea from her actually. (BTW, the shadow on the bottom is me taking the picture.)



This is a wedding gift for a dear friend I met in Costa Rica. Congrats April & David!



And this, the beginning of my own silver, memory jewelry collection. I have dear hubby's and my initials as well as two crystal beads of our favorite colors/birthstone colors. And the larger disc is Spanish, amado mío, meaning "my beloved".

3 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

I like these a lot. I'll be thinking of a name for your adventure.

Jenny Barbee said...

I really like those. Especially the last one. I'll see if I can think of a name.... =/

kristyn said...

Mel! I love these! You are so creative!