Hello! Well, we're well into the swing of things here. Pretty incredible how the absence of a "schedule" during the summer months really takes its toll in September and October getting back into it! We're starting the Tutoring/Mentoring Program this week (TUESDAY!!) and have added several other things to our schedules as well.
I think now that the weather is cooler and I've finally gotten many things around the house organized (or re-organized), I am finally enjoying the Fall-ness of drinking hot cider (or cold) and soups. Fall seemed to come really soon this year, or maybe it was that Summer never got that hot. But at the same time, it's a little sad to realize that it will be darker for another 6 month stretch and colder. Still, we're finishing up a few things on our "to-do" list to help with that this year (including a warmer,lighter, & brighter paint job for our living room, hallway and entryway). I'll have to post pics of the finished product.
I keep thinking about how God is so good to us. How even though we have our struggles, and pain and trials, He has placed us in these circumstances so that our character can become more like His and our hearts softer towards others. Perhaps having to be indoors more has brought about deeper reflection these days, but it is good. Funny how so many times we see our struggles as bad, negative things, when in God's economy, they're really good. It all depends on perspective. I'm not saying that I WANT to go through some of the things we're facing, but I do want to have a good perspective knowing that God, who is good, is giving me (us) the privilege of walking through these things with Him. And that ultimately, He uses all things for the good of those who love Him and keep His commands. Now, that's some good news!
1 comment:
that is some great news!
Post a Comment