Monday, July 27, 2009
Spain, Jet Lag, and other thoughts
After an exciting and amazing 16 days, we're back from Spain! We left on July 10th and arrived in Madrid on July 11th. Talk about messing with your mind. On the plane on the way there, they told us that we should close our blinds because it would get light early. I woke up around 2am Ohio time which was 8am Madrid time, and it was bright, amazing, and we were above the clouds. I still can't fathom how it works, I mean I know the world rotates and the time is adjusted accordingly, but on Saturday, we had pretty close to 20 hours of sunlight. We got back home around 4am Sunday morning Madrid time (10pm the Saturday night before, Ohio time). See what I mean. You're falling asleep, but it's not late enough yet, so you try coffee or anything really to try and stay away just a little longer. It's working pretty well so far, and we're finally unpacked, clothes clean and everything put away. Now only to get started on emails and pictures! We'll be probably keeping odd hours this week (jet lag tends to last 1 day per hour of time difference, which would be 6 for us). So, until later! Thanks for praying! We'll be sending glimpses of our time in Spain in the next days and weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you are home. Everyone missed you guys. Cannot wait to hear of your adventures.
Welcome home! Glad you had a great trip and can't wait to hear about it!! Missed you!
LOL I know what you mean about the time change... Its a 6 hr difference in Germany too. Crazy.
Post a Comment