I'm thankful for free tickets to Wednesday's Scrapper's game (Mahoning Valley Baseball) right behind home plate and beside the Scrapper's dugout. It was José's first live baseball game and we went with friends from church. José even got his picture taken with Scrappy the Bulldog!
See José with Scrappy! And to José's left are two of our friends from church!
Enjoying the game!
I'm thankful for getting my steel bench block in the mail so I can hammer away on metal stamping jewelry. (Stay posted for the latest, I'm practicing on copper and then hopefully on to sterling silver!)
I'm thankful for a great day off with hubby on Monday, we had a great time doing things together, "treasure hunting" at the Village. I think in all, I realize that GOD is the One Who Provides for every need, even before we ask (or start looking for it), it's there.
I read a chapter in a book called "Satisfy My Thirsty Soul" by Linda Dillow on waiting. I believe we're all waiting for something in life and while we wait, we suffer. It is hard to be denied the object of our desire. But I was once again reminded that waiting is God's way of drawing us closer to Him and that He would rather deny us our desires for a time so we can grow closer to Him than just give us what we want instantly, like He has the power to do!
Good stuff!
What are you learning? What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment