Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday (on Saturday)

I'm thankful for a few minutes this morning to sit down and reconnect with the online world. :)

I'm thankful for a great trip on Monday to Beulah Beach and God-ordained conversations which were of great encouragement.

I'm thankful for the opportunity last Sunday to share about our trip to Spain, both to share and to hear how God has worked in the others who went.

I'm thankful for a cookout at a good friend's house where we were able to further debrief about the Spain trip and encourage those who are soon departing to another wonderful place!

I'm thankful for a few hours this week to reconnect with my smart, wonderful, and eager to learn (even during summer vacation) Spanish students. And I'm looking forward to a "Mexican restaurant celebration" Spanish experience this week just before school begins.

I'm thankful for being able to catch up with family and friends on the phone this week!

I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach elementary aged girls how to make a simple bracelet or necklace for the craft portion of their camp-out. What creativity! It was great fun!

I'm thankful for being able to connect again with good ministry friends in the area, to share each other's burdens and be understood.

I'm thankful for being on the right time schedule this week and to be hungry at the right times. It really does make a HUGE difference!

I'm thankful for a great time of worship and preparation on Wednesday night and am looking forward to singing pretty regularly with the choir this fall.

I'm thankful for the energy to clean the house and get things in order. This time last year, we had just moved in and I was in the beginning of a year-long struggle with my thyroid, which mostly sapped my energy, my motivation, and after many doctors visits, sapped the "extra" we had stashed away.

I want to praise the Lord for bringing stability to my physical health and for feeling great, back to normal, and like myself again, after a year!

No comments: